Pinned Forum Issues and Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nintyuk wrote:

And the device authorisation is buggy as all hell, It didn't want to send me any codes all of yesterday and I got no response from the webmaster email when I contacted them about it. Plus until I got the code I couldn't access the forums in any way, not even to browse the most public forums it just sent me to the enter your code page.
      I personally knew the developer of the plugin and contact him to fix this issue (he is from Stuttgart, Germany, too).
    • Hubi:

Forum searching is wonky. A user made mention that using the search box at the top of the forums for "crowbar" yields no results. I did the same thing and it also gave me no results. I had to click on "More Options" and then type "crowbar" in the "Search for Term" field and unselect the forum section to find posts about the crowbar.

Using the search box at the top of the forum should yield everything from keyword searches on the entire forum to username profiles. Also, the search results themselves seem to be off. The first post listed for the search for "crowbar" is a post by Deathmonkey7 back in April of 2010. The search results field should populate sorted by date from most recent post to the earliest post.

Thanks! :)
      "A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have." --Roger Rabbit
    • Personally, I use Chrome so, to check it out I opened up Firefox went to the home page and then went to the forums and had absolutely no problems. There is some issue with your particular setup. Go to the Firefox site and you'll find LOTS of issues that people have with Firefox crashing. They are typically pretty good about responding to issues. Good luck!
    • Hey.

The forum's theme is completely hiding one of the toolbars - the one that, among other things, includes the "watch topic" and "mark subforum as read" buttons.

It is hidden by the display:none rule in style-3.css.

CSS Source Code: http://forums.blackmesasource.com/wcf/style/style-3.css

1. .navigationHeader {border-top-width: 0px;border-radius: 6px 6px 0px 0px;position: absolute;bottom: 0px;left: 500px;display: none;}

It can be unhidden using Stylish/UserCSS, and doesn't look super ugly even, but is there a special reason for it to be removed?

It is very useful - and moreover, if you tick "automatically watch threads I respond to" in settings, there is NO WAY to get to the watch control panel to disable it for a specific thread afterwards, unless you know the URL directly.

I have attached a screenshot of the unhidden toolbar.

Not an earth shattering problem, but still - consider making it available, please.
      Files
      As a die-hard fan of H-L I was full of worry and hope when I've heard of Black Mesa all those years ago.
      And I'm damn right happy to say that it greatly improves on the original while keeping the spirit.
    • The toolbar including (among others) the buttons to watch/unwatch, show full watch manager, and mark everything in a (sub)forum as read is hidden/removed by the custom BMS forum skin.
      I've asked about it some ten months ago (and four posts above).

If you use UserCSS / Stylish / similar browser plugin, you can add this bit of CSS to forums.blackmesasource.com:

CSS Source Code

1. .navigationHeader {
      2. display: block;
      3. left: 600px;
      4. }
      Optionally adjust the left: offset to taste.

If you just want to go unwatch some stuff, here's a link you can follow: forums.blackmesasource.com/index.php/WatchedThreadList/

Cheers!
      As a die-hard fan of H-L I was full of worry and hope when I've heard of Black Mesa all those years ago.
      And I'm damn right happy to say that it greatly improves on the original while keeping the spirit.
    • wrkq wrote:

The toolbar including (among others) the buttons to watch/unwatch, show full watch manager, and mark everything in a (sub)forum as read is hidden/removed by the custom BMS forum skin.
      I've asked about it some ten months ago (and four posts above).

If you use UserCSS / Stylish / similar browser plugin, you can add this bit of CSS to forums.blackmesasource.com:

CSS Source Code

1. .navigationHeader {
      2. display: block;
      3. left: 600px;
      4. }
      Optionally adjust the left: offset to taste.

If you just want to go unwatch some stuff, here's a link you can follow: forums.blackmesasource.com/index.php/WatchedThreadList/

Cheers!
      Thanks man! I feel a bit dumb for not noticing your old post - usually I'm the one telling other people they missed something a couple posts ago - but all's good now.
      I'll have to look into those plugins you mentioned too, I love toying with website layouts in browser HTML windows, so it sounds like something I could enjoy!