What Game Did You Play Today?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are currently aware of recent issues preventing new users from signing up and logging in with their Steam IDs. We are working on a fix.

• Bioshock 2: Remastered Edition.

I've finally gotten back to Dionysus Park, which is where I stopped my original Bio 2 playthrough. I ended up leaving legit like 200 dollars back in Siren Alley because I was just having a cash fountain "problem". Maxed out all my ammos and carryables and then looted corpses but there was still a lot just lying around. I hate doing that in games lol.
    • BendyBread wrote:

Bioshock 2: Remastered Edition.

Did they fixed the sound in Bioshock remastered yet? When I checked it out after release it was like as if my ears were dropped.
      EDIT: also here is an interesting thing about Bioshock: when you are down to your last bullets, you are doing increased demage. This little secret really helps the game to be so immersive.

By the way, I was playing Tomb Raider (2013) today. The reboot game and it's sequel are awesome!
      "Medkit - the protagonist of most action games since 1992"
    • Medkit wrote:

Did they fixed the sound in Bioshock remastered yet? When I checked it out after release it was like as if my ears were dropped.
      EDIT: also here is an interesting thing about Bioshock: when you are down to your last bullets, you are doing increased demage. This little secret really helps the game to be so immersive.

By the way, I was playing Tomb Raider (2013) today. The reboot game and it's sequel are awesome!
      Not sure. There have been a few different "solutions" people offer up and I've tried them but not entirely sure if any actually _worked_. Just tried to not pay attention to it and I've been fine thus far.

As for Tomb Raider, it really is awesome! I stopped and started 2-3 times early on because it felt a little slow and boring but once it gets started then it's really quite fun.
    • Not today, but I finally got around to finishing Gothic 2 Gold.

Pretty good for the most part, but the battles with dragons were rather broken. They'd frequently get stuck flying sideways until they hit a wall, and often failed to use their long-ranged fireball attack. Not sure if the issue was introduced by the expansion, the System Pack / Player Kit or if it's some kind of compatibility problem (high FPS?).
      The expansion gave the dragons rapid health regeneration and added knock-back to their short-ranged breath attack, which makes fighting them as a melee-focused character... unpleasant. Oh well, finally found a use for all those magic scrolls.

On to Gothic 3...
    • Bought and have been playing Far Cry 5 for the past couple days. My impressions so far (about 3/4's the way through it I think)

It's way good. The game play is familiar, but updated. The graphics are amazing, and the map is gorgeous, huge, and diverse. It's funny, but I absolutely love the fishing, and I even get the same sense of peace while fishing that I used to get when I fished with my grandpa on his boat. The side missions are all fun so far, and I haven't really run into TOO many bugs or glitches. There is one where if you complete an objective and move away before being given a new location to move to, you sometimes will have to do it again. But it's only happened twice now.

Anyways, the addition of attack choppers and planes is super nice, and the driving is way better than the others. The flight vehicles handle a bit wonky, but nothing that practice doesn't fix. They got rid of crafting, which I miss. They also got rid of the knife takedown, so it's all fists/whatever melee weapon you've picked up (you hold 3, pipes, bat's, brass knuckles, and variations of those). They're breakable, but I have yet to break anything.

Also, the antagonists are the best I've seen since Vaas. Better even, imo. The silent protagonist thing is meh, and the fact you're unnamed is meh, but they're little things I can look past.

I give it a strong 8/10. I'm really looking forward to the DLC.

EDIT:

Beat the game. What the fuck kinda bullshit ending though. Either ending. Seriously, the game was fun throughout, the villains were awesome, and it just ends so.... It's still a strong 7 or 8/10, but it's just... It's like a Mass Effect 3 kinda ending, except I don't like this one as much.
      But...will it blend?

The post was edited 1 time, last by CyankeeMassey ().

• I had been wanting to play FOR HONOR, but all the reviews on pc said the servers were awful. Not too long ago they switched over to dedicated so I decided to pick it up, there was a LOT more than I was expecting. I thought it would mostly be 1v1 type scenarios but with more freedom to move around. There is that, buy really 1v1 is not really where everyone is at. That have a few different game modes. Dominion, which is a 4v4 with 3 control points. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be Conan the barbarian? or Braveheart? Wading into the field as an ultimate badass is a hell of a lot of fun. There are bots to populate the area, they are more or less just fodder. The team play part of it is a lot of fun as well. There are many different outfits, several different armor and weapon slots for upgrades. There is a mode to play where you can battle other people and weapon stats and armor stats are null so its even across the board. Or modes where you play and all your stats are basically run whatcha brung. The only gripe I have about the weapon and armor system is that it takes a lot of "grinding" to get to the good stuff. There is the REP system, which is like prestige in cod games. Not until you reach Prestige 7 does everything open up to you. Each prestige goes up to level 20. 30 hours in and I'm REP 2.

I grew up playing games like Soulblade/caliber-Street fighter and Tekken series, I thought I would pick this up np and hold my own. This was not the case, at all. There is absolutely a learning curve, harder than most games to pick up. Beating my head against my desk constantly wondering what it is I'm doing wrong. But once you learn the character you pick and find your groove, it becomes an amazing experience. For me the game is a solid 8/10. You will have to put in a good amount of time to really learn the system, if you stick it out, its really rewarding.