Can't walk sideways

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• Can't walk sideways

I've always had this. It happens sometimes. Sometimes it's fine.
      But often in First Person shooters [Half Life, Crysis], I suddenly can't walk sideways anymore.
      I can strafe. But when I press W+A or D, it completely ignores the W and starts strafing. So for some reason it doesn't respond to the W anymore when I press another button.
      This is especially annoying when in a vehicle, since I can't accelarate and steer at the same time anymore.

Anybody know what can be causing this?
      I've notices it sometimes happens halfway through when playing. Never catch on quick enough to have an idea what's causing it though. Maybe some key combination?
    • xilef wrote:

you need a keyboard made for gaming. There is a tool outthere sometimes that removed the button-press limitations...can't remember it's name!

Yeah he also need a gaming router. Seriously, I got a standard Logitech keyboard and I'm doin' as good as everyone. Gaming mouse/keyboards/routers/mouse pads are just gimmicks.

Also key limitation is from the keyboard itself, manufacturers do it that way to make keyboards cheaper.
      [CENTER][/CENTER]
      [SIZE="1"]All credits goes to Nicholas Gurewitch. Visit his website at http://pbfcomics.com/![/SIZE]
    • Daedalus wrote:

I've always had this. It happens sometimes. Sometimes it's fine.
      But often in First Person shooters [Half Life, Crysis], I suddenly can't walk sideways anymore.
      I can strafe. But when I press W+A or D, it completely ignores the W and starts strafing. So for some reason it doesn't respond to the W anymore when I press another button.
      This is especially annoying when in a vehicle, since I can't accelarate and steer at the same time anymore.

Anybody know what can be causing this?
      I've notices it sometimes happens halfway through when playing. Never catch on quick enough to have an idea what's causing it though. Maybe some key combination?

Get a new keyboard
    • Imonfire wrote:

Yeah he also need a gaming router. Seriously, I got a standard Logitech keyboard and I'm doin' as good as everyone. Gaming mouse/keyboards/routers/mouse pads are just gimmicks.

Also key limitation is from the keyboard itself, manufacturers do it that way to make keyboards cheaper.

To be honest, the more you spend on a keyboard, the better quality it will be, and gaming keyboards are generally pretty high quality. Sure they have a shitton of extra stupid features, but I know my keyboard has a very nice feel to it. I spent $60 on this 'gaming' keyboard, and I love it way more then any other keyboard I've used. Sure there are the zillion extra keys that I can assign to do certain macros if I want to, but I never do (aside from pause, shuffle and next/prev song and volume knob).