Pinned [ARG] The Pizza Code Mystery

• As someone who considers them self an amateur chemist and the fact that i have built a few simple batteries myself, i feel that i can answer this .

That patent you mentioned relates to organic electrolytes for use in lithium batteries so it is not related.

Galvanic cells are basically like the first batteries and electrolytic cells to my knowledge are rechargeable batteries.

The tau cannon appears to use nuclear batteries as the ammo used for it appears to be uranium 238.

The weapon does use ordinary cells but the cells are used to power the control circuitry.

Also given the fact that we've been at this stalemate for so long, i'm not sure if this ARG is dormant or dead.

The post was edited 44 times, last by Nonimportantuser: Corrected some grammatical errors. ().

• Yeah, you may be right it being dead, I would hope if that is indeed the case a dev would let us know. So I'm still hoping its going. I have been reading up on batteries, and that got me thinking about the actual dam, based off the Hoover Dam. I have been spending some time reading up on transformers, oxidation, and gas popped up, and stuff about paper, oil, and furan's I think it was, about how gas monitoring can prevent power failures and stuff like that. Remember when Kxbm.net was up, it talked about a gas explosion. In the beginning of the game, there are screens that show that there is a Vault problem, so I'm assuming this is the transformer vault and have been reading up on that too. So i'm going to take a look around the dam and residue processing, these are areas that haven't really been focused on.
    • when you say the kits were changed? how so? I have not seen them look any other way. Being that you mention the lunch though, I have done more reading up on the Tau Cannon, the wiki says it fires particles, not depleted uranium slugs, but that is used as part of the ammo. Which lead me back to CERN, with the CMS; The CMS detector uses a huge solenoid magnet to bend the paths of particles from collisions in the LHC, which the actual CMS image used on the page is found in game, I also found a computer in one of the offices with scrolling information with at the end, it says something about CMS.

Here is a snippet from Cern, The Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) is a general-purpose detector at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). It has a broad physics programme ranging from studying the Standard Model (including the Higgs boson) to searching for extra dimensions and particles that could make up dark matter. Although it has the same scientific goals as the ATLAS experiment, it uses different technical solutions and a different magnet-system design.

Another thing I wanted to mention, the periodic element table in game, is not current, so I was looking at older ones, and elements that were added, at one point element 112 was added, there is also uranium 234,, now niobium is also used im RF cavaties which the CMS is loaded with...so maybe that is also a clue, who knows, another hint would be most welcomed....

So yeah, more stuff to read about I guess, -+-+-+...

The post was edited 2 times, last by drgibbles ().

• Oooook, now, I have tried this before, but did not have any luck with it. I'm wondering if the actual time of day matters when calling the bmrf number. Looking at what we get when we call the number, we hear the dialogue "Its not shutting down". So I decided to play through the game again, and calling the number at the same time the resonance cascade happens as I'm playing. This did not accomplish anything. Re-visited it again today after seeing the mention of the 10th anniversary, then I noticed something while watching the video on the steam page. What if we call the number at the time that the resonance cascade happens in the proper time zone at the right time of day. Possibly even changing our pc date and time to match while playing? Take a look at what is on the screen at 1:12/1:34. Its the red phone, then it pans to the chamber and we hear the scientist screaming.... The only people that could have heard the scientist yelling is Gordon, the scientist in the room, and whoever called that phone at the time it happened. The video time is pretty close to the clocks in game... 21 goes into 1. Thoughts????

EDIT: Yeah... I know..... straws.....
      Files

The post was edited 2 times, last by drgibbles ().

• drgibbles wrote:

Oooook, now, I have tried this before, but did not have any luck with it. I'm wondering if the actual time of day matters when calling the bmrf number. Looking at what we get when we call the number, we hear the dialogue "Its not shutting down".

EDIT: Yeah... I know..... straws.....
      You hear "Its not shutting down" if you type wrong extension.. If you type in *12 you get asked for password.

Also, I don't think changing PC date would do anything, since number we are calling is most likely checking date on server somewhere.
      The Pizza is a LIE Steam group
      steamcommunity.com/groups/PizzaARG