Pinned LAMBDA CORE - Stuck here?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• f2bnp wrote:

How far back do I have to backtrack? Right after the scientist tells me I have open the pumps, I take the right bridge and get a loading message. After that I reach the area I'm currently in, which has two coolant tanks.
      If I take a left earlier, I can't proceed any further because the ceiling has collapsed!

You can continue further. Just duck around and you will be able to pass through the rubble
    • Got in a bit of a pickle here; I'm right at the Lambda Core where I'm trying to protect the scientist while he activates it. Anyways, the game autosaved about 4 seconds before the thing blows up or whatever. I can't even enable godmode to get out of it and I'm too far from it to jump in (If that's what I'm supposed to do).
      This is a signature, used to easily distinguish one user from another. You can also look at the profile avatar or their name, but whatever. The signature connected to my account is merely stating what signatures are used for. Quite humorously, this still counts as an easily-distinguishable signature. And that's what I enjoy about the human mind.
    • Popcornladder wrote:

Got in a bit of a pickle here; I'm right at the Lambda Core where I'm trying to protect the scientist while he activates it. Anyways, the game autosaved about 4 seconds before the thing blows up or whatever. I can't even enable godmode to get out of it and I'm too far from it to jump in (If that's what I'm supposed to do).

Our job is to protect the scientist allright. Once he says the portal is ready we should jump into it. I think you might have wasted too much time if you have only 4 seconds before the portal blows up, and you can't reach it even with the longjump module. One option is to load an earlier save you made, or you can activate the console and reload this final map you are in.
      "Medkit - the protagonist of most action games since 1992"
    • Medkit wrote:

Popcornladder wrote:

Got in a bit of a pickle here; I'm right at the Lambda Core where I'm trying to protect the scientist while he activates it. Anyways, the game autosaved about 4 seconds before the thing blows up or whatever. I can't even enable godmode to get out of it and I'm too far from it to jump in (If that's what I'm supposed to do).

Our job is to protect the scientist allright. Once he says the portal is ready we should jump into it. I think you might have wasted too much time if you have only 4 seconds before the portal blows up, and you can't reach it even with the longjump module. One option is to load an earlier save you made, or you can activate the console and reload this final map you are in.

Thanks, man! One question; What would the command be to do that?
      This is a signature, used to easily distinguish one user from another. You can also look at the profile avatar or their name, but whatever. The signature connected to my account is merely stating what signatures are used for. Quite humorously, this still counts as an easily-distinguishable signature. And that's what I enjoy about the human mind.
    • TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

restart should work if you're already loaded in. Or you can do map bm_c3a2h

"Map change failed: 'map bm_c3a2h' not found on server"

Thanks so much! it almost worked!

Not sure if you picked that up. The game couldn't read that command. I don't know if you made a typo or if you're just screwing with me.
    • Are you this rude to everyone who tries to help you, or is it just developers? Pretty uncalled for, honestly.

If the command map bm_c3a2h isn't working, try changelevel bm_c3a2h. If neither of those work, then you are doing something wrong.
      Chon Kemp - Level Designer and Community Manager
      Creator of the Black Mesa "Uncut" Mods - Surface Tension Uncut and
      On a Rail Uncut
      My dev blog on the development of dm_gasworks
    • The engine read the command fine, it just didn't find the specified map, which means it's for some reason missing, or you're doing something pretty wrong. Reboot the game, open the console, feed it the command map bm_c3a2h. There is no reason this shouldn't work. If it doesn't work, you somehow broke something (or at bad at using consoles), and the map is missing or corrupt. I'd reinstall, possibly tone back the attitude, maybe back up your saves and screenshots folder as well, if you'd like.
      And so ends another post of pointless speculation.

"120% sorry!"
    • TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

Are you this rude to everyone who tries to help you, or is it just developers? Pretty uncalled for, honestly.

If the command map bm_c3a2h isn't working, try changelevel bm_c3a2h. If neither of those work, then you are doing something wrong.

Sorry, I was like, half-asleep. No hard feelings.
    • I have gotten to the point where I need to work my way up the core by jumping from the rotating platforms into the core to get transported to the next level and I have run into a problem. The three entrances per level are no longer numbered and I seem to have a talent for finding the ones that kill me. Is my game glitched or were the numbers removed?

I have noticed that the developers have been updating the game since my last play through. The crouch jumping is much better now, and either I'm getting too old for this or it is overall harder now as I seem to be using a lot more ammo than before.