On A Rail Uncut - Re-Adding Cut Areas/Scenes (Expansion Project)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• SergeantPancakes wrote:

Is there going to be a pack or a auto-installer of STUC and OaRUC? I think I remember it being mentioned before :B

The official stance is, that there will be the beta, like before. Nothing more. If and when the BMS team
      decides to endorse the mods there will perhaps be a workshop item containing the maps.

Strider397 wrote:

So does this mean this thread is officially over with? :(

The maps are not officially part of BM yet. Text could still work on them separately and comment on them as his side-project. But as he said, he won't really have time for working on them. So this thread will have to be fed by the fans...
    • Congratulations on your new developer status Text! Based purely on the trainyard you built for On a Rail Uncut, your future contributions should be fantastic. Whether or not the Uncut chapters become official, they are excellent additions to the Black Mesa experience. In fact, OaRU seemed pretty well finished to me. I had some suggestions for tinkering with it, but saw nothing actually wrong on my playthroughs. I'd call it complete, but would of course welcome a "final release" if one were to materialize.

Good luck on your future endeavors!
    • Congratulations Text! You really deserve to be on the team after that fantastic ( and invaluable) work on the UnCut chapters! Hope they become official! Can't wait for whatever
      you do next! Good luck to you!
      Children check under their beds for monsters
      Monsters check under their beds for Chuck Norris
      Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Gordon Freeman
      Gordon Freeman checks under his bed if his crowbar is still there
    • Forgive me if this came up before, but has anybody else ended up losing all their weapons (& their tram) in the bm_c2a2a2/bm_c2a2b0 map transition, REGARDLESS of both what weapons they personally grabbed by this point & whether or not they took the tram with them to the bm_c2a2a2/bm_c2a2b0 transition (I refer to the first "b" map in On A Rail as bm_c2a2b0 to provide consistency with b1/b2)?
    • Thank you everyone for your really kind words. Means a lot to me.

As for those of you who think I'm suddenly going to become a tremendous douchebag now that I'm on the team, well you guys are seriously wrong. I was already a tremendous douchebag BEFORE I joined the team, and, in fact, it was the main requirement for the position.

The actual reason I haven't been chatting with you guys much is because my life is a bit bonkers now, and I'm still getting used to it. Between working my new job from 9 - 6, and working on Black Mesa in the evenings, and looking after my Grandmother, I really don't have any time for anything else these days. I wish there were more hours in the day!

Open Source Forever wrote:

Forgive me if this came up before, but has anybody else ended up losing all their weapons (& their tram) in the bm_c2a2a2/bm_c2a2b0 map transition, REGARDLESS of both what weapons they personally grabbed by this point & whether or not they took the tram with them to the bm_c2a2a2/bm_c2a2b0 transition (I refer to the first "b" map in On A Rail as bm_c2a2b0 to provide consistency with b1/b2)?

I'm not sure I see the point of calling it bm_c2a2b0, seeing as the map is actually called bm_c2a2b. That's the exact name of the .bsp file. Anyway, the transitions between maps in OaR behave very weirdly if you go through them without your tram. On the transitions between pretty much all the OaR maps, the tram will vanish if you don't take it through the transition point, and you sometimes end up facing the wrong way. I know why this is, but it's a pain to fix, sadly. The safest way to avoid this is to go through the level transition on your tram, there shouldn't be any problems then.

As for losing your weapons, never heard of that happening to anyone. Does anyone else get this?

SergeantPancakes wrote:

Is there going to be a pack or a auto-installer of STUC and OaRUC? I think I remember it being mentioned before :B

There already is an installer for ST Uncut. As for OaR Uncut, no, unless somebody else takes it upon themselves to make one. I don't really see why you'd need one though, installation literally involves extracting the .zip to the BMS folder, which is ridiculously simple.

Strider397 wrote:

So does this mean this thread is officially over with? :(

Nah. I bet there's lots more that can be said about the Uncut maps. And I'll still welcome feedback even if it may take me a very, very long time to get around to sorting any of it out. Or even ideas, thoughts, criticisms, anything really.

jessiestorm88 wrote:

Congrats mate. You really deserve it. I can't wait to play some BMDM against you and the community.

Hell yeah. Maybe when the time comes around, we can have some Uncut community games! That sounds so dumb when I say it like that, but it could be fun. And we could provide detailed feedback on each others' gameplay.
    • macaronicheese wrote:

@TEXT

Hey if you've ever got the time you should upload youtube videos showing how to use hammer. It would help others like me who are useless with hammer. You could upload basic tutorials and then go onto the more complex stuff. Thanks.

I've been playing around with hammer for a bit but find it hard to make time for it as I'm so busy with work and other things.

He said he was too busy with work and other things to. Enough said
    • TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

As for losing your weapons, never heard of that happening to anyone. Does anyone else get this?

Bug is caused by mappers abusing the fuck out of entities and having too many. The source engine can only transition a certain number of entities from map to map. If I remember correctly, I made a change for the next update to ensure the player weapons were transitioned first.
    • TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

As for those of you who think I'm suddenly going to become a tremendous douchebag now that I'm on the team, well you guys are seriously wrong. I was already a tremendous douchebag BEFORE I joined the team, and, in fact, it was the main requirement for the position.

This is pure gold!

I'm late to the party but I want express my congratulations:

I've always been impressed by your dedication and passion toward your mods.
      When you opened a thread about STuncut I did not expect that you would achieve so much...

I'm sure you'll create a great map

your-name-here wrote:

Bug is caused by mappers abusing the fuck out of entities and having too many. The source engine can only transition a certain number of entities from map to map. If I remember correctly, I made a change for the next update to ensure the player weapons were transitioned first.

That pesky bug!
      I played ST without the tau-gun because of it.
    • The tram vanished even though I DID take it through the transition point. I even tried "console loading" (opening via console commands) bm_c2a2b0 (I call it that for numbering consistency, like how open software licenses use 0-based indexing in reference to programming language listing systems). I'm also having the problem of the game crashing when I leave the "dangerously low moving crates area" & get to the Black Mesa Security Force versus Hazardous Environment Combat Unit fight in the room in bm_c2a2b2 right before the outdoor area. It gives the message "ED_Alloc: No free edicts" upon crashing. My System Specifications:

• Model: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 laptop
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
      • Processor: Intel Pentium Central Processing Unit B940 2 Gigahertz
      • Installed Random Access Memory: 4 gigabytes/4,294,967,296 bytes
      • 64-bit Operating System
      • Hard Drive Capacity: 566 Gigabytes/608,174,075,904 bytes total (307 gigabytes/329,717,227,520 bytes free, 259 gigabytes/278,456,848,384 bytes used)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Open Source Forever ().

• TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

...As for those of you who think I'm suddenly going to become a tremendous douchebag now that I'm on the team, well you guys are seriously wrong. I was already a tremendous douchebag BEFORE I joined the team, and, in fact, it was the main requirement for the position.

Correction. You either need to be a douchebag or a dork. There is no way I would ever qualify as a douchebag however being the biggest ass dork on the planet keeps me bm employed. ;) Glad to have you on the team!
      "Thank you, and have a very safe and productive day."
    • your-name-here wrote:

It's not my fault that programmers are mean and stop me from using all the entities I like. Glad you fixed that though. Never had the weapons disappear myself, nor had I actually heard of it until just recently, but it's certainly worth fixing!

Open Source Forever wrote:

The tram vanished even though I DID take it through the transition point. I even tried "console loading" (opening via console commands) bm_c2a2b0 (I call it that for numbering consistency, like how open software licenses use 0-based indexing in reference to programming language listing systems). I'm also having the problem of the game crashing when I leave the "dangerously low moving crates area" & get to the Black Mesa Security Force versus Hazardous Environment Combat Unit fight in the room in bm_c2a2b2 right before the outdoor area. It gives the message "ED_Alloc: No free edicts" upon crashing. My System Specifications:

• Model: Toshiba Satellite L755-S5244 laptop
      • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
      • Processor: Intel Pentium Central Processing Unit B940 2 Gigahertz
      • Installed Random Access Memory: 4 gigabytes/4,294,967,296 bytes
      • 64-bit Operating System
      • Hard Drive Capacity: 566 Gigabytes/608,174,075,904 bytes total (307 gigabytes/329,717,227,520 bytes free, 259 gigabytes/278,456,848,384 bytes used)

The crashes are inconsistent and seemingly random. I don't know what causes them or how to fix them. Just chalk it down to the Source engine being the Source engine. Thanks for telling me EXACTLY how many bytes 307 GB is though, I've ALWAYS wondered that. In all seriousness though, there's nothing I can tell you to help alleviate the crashes. If I knew how to fix it, I would have fixed it right back at the start.

CatzEyes93 wrote:

Correction. You either need to be a douchebag or a dork. There is no way I would ever qualify as a douchebag however being the biggest ass dork on the planet keeps me bm employed. ;) Glad to have you on the team!

Well you're not a mapper, which explains why you're not a douchebag. We have to be douches so we can annoy the programmers by constantly breaking their coding.

Joe chief wrote:

Text if the rest of the team decided to include the uncuts in the final release will you give us a heads up so we can sumbit final sugestions/ideas or will it be kept in the dark due to the NDA?

Wouldn't be able to, not unless explicitly told otherwise. But, as I've said before, it's not happening anyway, so don't hold your breath. As Stormseeker said, I'm working on Gasworks currently. Sorry.
    • Hawk-kun wrote:

I'd guess the Crashes have mainly to do with map transitions between existing maps and the new areas?

sometimes I've had it crash, others it played fine

might be the Source Engine, might be my computer

regardless, it's a welcome addition
      I'm getting crashes in transitions between different areas within the same map. I also don't get crashes in any area except the "moving crates/security guards versus marines" transition on bm_c2a2b2