~BLACK MESA SOUNDSKIN~
This shows some of what the pack does. You can compare it with other videos if you are not sure what you are watching or hearing.
I have made a sound Mod specifically designed to go with the sounds scripts in the animation revamp. This is not just thrown together it has taken me a very long time and hours and hours and some more hours to modify and create. It is designed to work with the sounds included in the animation revamp release and Black Mesa and you need to install the animation Revamp pack before adding this pack. This Pack does not consider any of your current sound Mods and is intended to work as a third layer on a fresh BMS install.
Although I would also suggest you install the particle improvement pack also for extra enhancement too.
And this sound pack as the icing on the cake.
The Download link is below. This is now named Black Mesa Soundskin It is catchier and does what it says on the tin....
ABSOLUTE FINAL UNTIL XEN
This alters a lot of sounds found in the animation Revamp pack and in Black Mesa... If you like it is a companion piece to both the Animation Mod and Black Mesa it compiles some sounds from other sound mods but most of it is my own work and balanced and cleaned up so as to not have inconsistancies.
1. New Magnum Shoot sound
2. New Magnum Cock and release sounds***
3. Modified Crossbow shoot sound - you can now here an arrow whistling away
4. New Crossbow Reload sound - Tension drastring***
5. Crowbar now has more variation in sound hits and swing misses
6. Gluon uses BMS Deafault sound but Classic Half Life Spin Down noise merged seamlessly
7. Hivehand Classic but rebalanced so it is not so loud
8. M4 New Grenade Launcher sound Modern compressed Tube and Whoosh and modified pitch and volume of the close tube sound when reloading the nade launcher***
9. New Satchel Detonator Tone and click
10. New Shotgun Sound for shooting and reloading - Very Meaty***
11. Classic Tau canon but smoothed (Credit - Xalener)
12. Classic tripmine sound HL1 but merged with Black mesa one
13. Improved explosion sounds
14. New Snark Hunting sounds My own design***
15. New Sniper sound - it now echoes around (merged and modified original)***
16. Classic Item Noises HL1 some merged with Black Mesa ones
17. Classic Houndeye and Ichthyosaur sounds
18. New sounds for growls and Melee attacks for Alien grunts***
19. Complete Alien controller sound re-design***
20. New Bullsquid Pain and die sounds***
21. HL2 Zombie sounds
22. One Tentacle bash reverted to HL1 sound and cleaned it up to keep continuity the distant sounds have also been altered
23. Garg has new pain sounds HL1 style
24. Improved Helicopter Hover sounds and cleaned up (Credit - HECU Marine)
25. Added Original Vox to Retinal scanners but balanced the volume of Vox (Credit Ysreli214)
26. Added Original Vox voice to countdown for rocket launch and omitted music from Blast pit***
27. New Horror Short music stings with a modern musical feel at key moments***
28. Some soundscape improvements ditant fighting and explosions (Credit HECU Marine)
29. Lowered the level of the Teleport Machine in Lambda core (It is still very loud just not deafening)***
30. Added Heartbeat sound that will play occasionly when shocked by a houndeye
31. Half life 1 Alarm sounds volume increase (Credit - HECU Marine)
32. Bloodshots Gib sounds and Body Impact Mod incorporated
33. Ceiling Turret Sound Akin to HL1 And if you destroy one it will now make an explode noise***
34. New Gunfire sounds for the Black Ops Assassins
35. New Flare Sound Effect***
36. New 50.cal Gun Sounds use Black Mesa Default as the Base***
37. Rebalanced the volume of Glock shoot sound as it is a bit too loud in IIOPN pack
38. Added missing zombie swipe noise that was missing from files BMS Install
39. Improved the mine explosion sound
40. New distant shockwave explosion in ST***
41. New Final Hit in apprehension before gordon gets knocked out***
42. Increased volume of the trams trundling on the tracks
43. New Vort pain sounds and recreated the threat line "DIE!" in HL2 vort dialogue
44. Added the missing ambient sounds folder (Credit Strelok)
45. Muted the idle HECU Marines (Credit Strelok)
46. Lowered the volume of the explosions in Faf (this was because HECU Marine had them too loud)
47. Rebalanced Soundtrack apart from tracks running on the game volume those have been omitted.*** (Please set your music volume to maximum)
48. New m4 shoot sound
49. New Tow sounds
50. New RPG sounds
51. Mortar script fix
52. Hivehand script fix and new sounds
53. New Long Jump Module sounds credit Acoma but I have altered the sound.
54. Explosions do not change volume any more
55. Yeah... Many Many more
*** = personally what I feel are Highlights of this pack
MP5/M4 ADD ON AND PATCH UPDATE
This is for existing users of the original final release as an update. Sounds for the M4/MP5 are available to swap whichever you are deciding to use..
And that is it... The pack is a mixture of classic and new you can download the file use windows or winrar to unzip extract and listen to the sounds yourself pick and choose or have them all.
Put the folder in your root BMS folder and copy and replace to install all
You need the Animation Revamp Pack for it to work 100% here and you need to install this first!!!.. The download link is in the Video Description
The particle effects can be found here although this is a reccomendation and not required
animation Revamp by - IIOPN
Particle effects Pack by - DSD
This Soundpack Mainly Me but Credit also must go to Halferuga for some classic sounds / Ysreli214 for long jump module and retinal scanners. Hecu Marine and inspiring me to update the Horror stings and some of his pack but re-edited some originals as HECU Marine clipped some sounds and distorted them.. Xalener for the work done on the tau canon.. I felt this was superior to what I did so included this in the pack. I also Added Bloodshots sounds to the pack for Gibbing and Body Impacts. Streloks muted Marines and missing ambient sounds folder. Credit to Acoma for the long jump module sounds which I have edited
These 3 mods combined should improve the core experience of Black Mesa and take it to new heights... Please note that using these mods with custom maps have caused instability in game... So I reccomend only using these 3 mods combined with the default Black Mesa install without expansion projects.
Comments and feedback welcome I hope you enjoy this on a fresh play through
Things not being done
Not changing HECU Marines Voices
Not Altering the M4 Reload, RPG sounds or Glock provided by IIopn if it's not in my folders that means it is staying.
Not Altering the Assasins voices
Not Altering the Vorts although the Vorts in HL2 should have sounded different... The vorts will stay as HL2 sounding Vorts
Not Altering ground sentry turrets
Not Altering Headcrabs
Not Adding any in game music from HL1 or HL2.
You are responsible for backing up your own files.... Do this by copying your BMS/sound and script folders to another location on your hard disk to revert back to default copy and paste these folders back in too overwrite all my hard work
This is a Community Project...This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License
Things I wanted to do but could not do or did not get around to doing.
More Original Vox lines
Cockroach scuttling sounds when cockroaches are present
The post was edited 126 times, last by Ronster ().