Post your PC!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Here is my bad boy.
      CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
      CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H70
      RAM: 16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz DDR3
      GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC Edition 4GB (formerly EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1.5GB )
      MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3
      SSD : Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250 GB
      HDD : Western Digital Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
      PSU: Silverstone 1000w, Peak Power 1100w 80+ Gold
      Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower
      Display: 1920x1080 BenQ 22" Monitor
      Headset: Plantronics GameCom 780 with 7.1 surround sound.
      Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
      Mouse: Logitech G9X Laser Mouse

Right now, I'm saving my money to upgrade my CPU, and my Motherboard when the new Intel Core 5th gen released.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Freezing Moon ().

• Upgraded my PC a couple of weeks ago:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 8 Core 4.2 GHz (OC to 4.6 GHz)
      CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R
      RAM: 8GB Corsaire Vengeance DDR3 1866 (2x4GB)
      GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SuperClocked 4GB
      MOBO: ASRock 970 PRO3 R2.0 ATX
      HDD: 1xSeagate 320GB SATA 7200 RPM 1xHitachi 1TB SATA 7200 RPM
      PSU: Corsaire Gold Series AX850 850W Modular
      Case: Azza CSAZ-XT1 B ATX Full Tower Case
    • My PC is a 2010 prebuilt desktop that, to be fair, only cost like $800.

CPU: Pentium Dual Core T4500
      GPU: NVidia GeForce 9100M G
      4GB RAM, 1920x1080

It really annoys me though because I could run most of what I want to if the GPU were better, but it's a motherboard GPU and I'm too paranoid to do anything about that. It can manage most things in most games alright except resolution; a lot of games I can put on High if I keep below 800x600, but if I play above that, it's barely reasonable on Low. Bad Company 2 is, however, an exception.
    • On the bright side, with a "beefy" onboard GPU like that, you can tweak the BIOS to run both the new discrete graphics card and the on-board card at the same time, so you could plug like 4 monitors into your PC and do triple-screen gaming(sorta).

Sersoft : You just haven't spent enough time on the internet to understand.
      Someonerandm : Understand what?
      Ramirezoid : exactly.
    • *jaw drops*

OK, but if you don't actually have one and you found the picture on the internet, I am still the winner.

hmm. I remember seeing something like this lying around at a friend's house... I know it doesn't count as an SD card though.

Sersoft : You just haven't spent enough time on the internet to understand.
      Someonerandm : Understand what?
      Ramirezoid : exactly.

The post was edited 1 time, last by sersoft ().

• sersoft wrote:

*jaw drops*

OK, but if you don't actually have one and you found the picture on the internet, I am still the winner.

hmm. I remember seeing something like this lying around at a friend's house... I know it doesn't count as an SD card though.

I can assure you, it's in my possession. Not much use though, it's only a bit bigger than a floppy disk, you can put like 3 good pictures on it.
    • So, picked up a new unit a few weeks ago:

2013 Razer Blade 14":

Core i7 4702HQ Quad w/ Hyperthreading @2.2Ghz
      Intel HD4600 / GTX 765m Optimus with 2GB VRAM
      8GB RAM
      1600x900 Display
      256GB mSATA SSD
      Windows 8.1 (Strange, but I'm getting used to it)

Honestly, this is the first time I can ever say I've enjoyed using a laptop. Normally, I prefer a traditional custom built desktop computer, but this laptop got so many things right that are important to me (keep in mind I still have a primary gaming PC), I just couldn't resist it:

- Thin, light, very portable
      - Packs a fair bit of grunt for a portable computer
      - Superior build quality and a black anodized aluminum chassis (so awesome)
      - And most important of all: NO BLOATWARE. It comes with 2 pieces of pre-installed software, a unified hardware driver program and a gaming chat program, and that's it. Completely non-intrusive.

I am completely in love with this thing, and being the first laptop I've owned (aside from a shitty Asus netbook), I am honestly surprised by it's capability.

And damn does it boot fast from a full shutdown (like 2 seconds to logged in, although I'm not sure if that's just Win 8.)

I realize there are much better value gaming laptops in the market right now, but I've already got a gaming PC and just wanted something powerful but portable and thin, like an Ultrabook on steroids. I also looked at an MSI GS60 Ghost, but didn't like the look of it compared to the Razer, and Alienware and Asus gaming laptops are kinda clunky and thick and ugly.

Edit: Fun fact, this thing is thinner than the 'thickest' part of a MacBook Air :)
    • My battlestation.

Specs
      Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ window.
      Mobo: Gigabyte G.1 Sniper Z87
      PSU: Corsair RM650
      CPU: Intel i7 4770k
      CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i
      GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780
      Sound card: Asus Xonar DGX
      RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengance 1333 Mhz
      Harddrive: 2 TB
      Solid State Disk: Samsung 840 Evo 128 GB

Monitors: 3840x1080 at 144hz

Flatline;368405 wrote:

darson;368398 wrote:

id probably just RELEASE IT
      holy crap im a genios

Geniuses can usually spell genius. :retard:

The post was edited 2 times, last by λhlberg ().

• coldroll wrote:

That's actually not 100% true Windows 8 and 8.1 do boot up faster than Windows 7, but if you use an SSD with Windows 7 the difference is barely noticeable.

The difference an SSD makes on Windows 7 is definitely noticeable.

Also, if I recall correctly, the reason Windows 8 boots up faster is because it has a feature enabled by default which basically causes your PC to hibernate instead of shut down when you select "shut down."
    • My gaming PC:

-Intel Pentium G620 CPU
      -AMD Radeon R7 260X 2Gb
      -DDR3 1066 6Gb

Bottom line: I am happy with it, as it is capable of playing "Crysis 2" at max settings with good enough framerates. Hope to get "Crysis 3" with good framerates at at least low resolution, but with maxed out other settings.
      EDIT: I handles "Crysis 3" with no aa, af x4, motion blur at low, the rest at max, and e_GICache = 1 and r_TessellationTriangleSize = 1 at 1280x800 with pretty good fps on all 6 out of 7 levels (the one with tons of grass does play most of the time terribly)!

The post was edited 2 times, last by HaarWavelet ().