BBMIP 17

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • Ronster wrote:

    I agree it's no big deal... I am very fond of interactive objects though so no harm meant by my comments. I can see a huge potential in the object so much so that it is perhaps something that could be made more of and have the object placed in other places in the game. That is not a suggestion or an argument against any decisions.

    I will sight this object as the prop with the most potential I have seen thus far in terms of interactivity sound and lighting and particle features it could possess (unless we can drive the loader that is) I understand a million things to do and this is nowhere on the list.

    But this really got me excited in terms of potential and I think for good reasons I will leave it there no more to say about it.


    There's going to be a workshop, so feel free to make Fridge: Uncut if you're that excited! We really want the community to make loads of cool stuff using our SDK. :D

    Jokes aside, let's stay on topic now. You won't like Brian when he's angry!
    Chon Kemp - Level Designer and Community Manager
    Creator of the Black Mesa "Uncut" Mods - Surface Tension Uncut and
    On a Rail Uncut
    My dev blog on the development of dm_gasworks
  • TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

    Ronster wrote:

    I agree it's no big deal... I am very fond of interactive objects though so no harm meant by my comments. I can see a huge potential in the object so much so that it is perhaps something that could be made more of and have the object placed in other places in the game. That is not a suggestion or an argument against any decisions.

    I will sight this object as the prop with the most potential I have seen thus far in terms of interactivity sound and lighting and particle features it could possess (unless we can drive the loader that is) I understand a million things to do and this is nowhere on the list.

    But this really got me excited in terms of potential and I think for good reasons I will leave it there no more to say about it.


    There's going to be a workshop, so feel free to make Fridge: Uncut if you're that excited! We really want the community to make loads of cool stuff using our SDK. :D

    Jokes aside, let's stay on topic now. You won't like Brian when he's angry!

    "Fridge: Uncut, now with extra Bonus Fridges, and free Fridge DLC! If you find any bugs in our fridge, be sure to report them so we can ship out a Fridge Patch."

    Really though, I think the fridge is great as it is. It's probably one of the more interesting things I've personally seen in recent BBMIP threads. Call me picky, but I can't really force myself to be interested in nameless computer consoles and terminals. Of course the improved versions will make the atmosphere in the game phenomenal, but when they don't have comparison shots, or I'm not looking at them ingame, they all kinda look the same.
  • Crawfish wrote:

    TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

    Ronster wrote:

    I agree it's no big deal... I am very fond of interactive objects though so no harm meant by my comments. I can see a huge potential in the object so much so that it is perhaps something that could be made more of and have the object placed in other places in the game. That is not a suggestion or an argument against any decisions.

    I will sight this object as the prop with the most potential I have seen thus far in terms of interactivity sound and lighting and particle features it could possess (unless we can drive the loader that is) I understand a million things to do and this is nowhere on the list.

    But this really got me excited in terms of potential and I think for good reasons I will leave it there no more to say about it.


    There's going to be a workshop, so feel free to make Fridge: Uncut if you're that excited! We really want the community to make loads of cool stuff using our SDK. :D

    Jokes aside, let's stay on topic now. You won't like Brian when he's angry!

    "Fridge: Uncut, now with extra Bonus Fridges, and free Fridge DLC! If you find any bugs in our fridge, be sure to report them so we can ship out a Fridge Patch."

    Really though, I think the fridge is great as it is. It's probably one of the more interesting things I've personally seen in recent BBMIP threads. Call me picky, but I can't really force myself to be interested in nameless computer consoles and terminals. Of course the improved versions will make the atmosphere in the game phenomenal, but when they don't have comparison shots, or I'm not looking at them ingame, they all kinda look the same.

    I'm confused by what you mean here. Are you saying that the fridge isn't an improvement over the older one? Or are you saying that this phenomenon in the thread is interesting?

    Because I totally think that all of the models I've seen in the shots so far are going to make a Very noticeable difference in quality in the final black mesa release.
  • jadebenn wrote:

    Crawfish wrote:

    TextFAMGUY1 wrote:

    Ronster wrote:

    I agree it's no big deal... I am very fond of interactive objects though so no harm meant by my comments. I can see a huge potential in the object so much so that it is perhaps something that could be made more of and have the object placed in other places in the game. That is not a suggestion or an argument against any decisions.

    I will sight this object as the prop with the most potential I have seen thus far in terms of interactivity sound and lighting and particle features it could possess (unless we can drive the loader that is) I understand a million things to do and this is nowhere on the list.

    But this really got me excited in terms of potential and I think for good reasons I will leave it there no more to say about it.


    There's going to be a workshop, so feel free to make Fridge: Uncut if you're that excited! We really want the community to make loads of cool stuff using our SDK. :D

    Jokes aside, let's stay on topic now. You won't like Brian when he's angry!

    "Fridge: Uncut, now with extra Bonus Fridges, and free Fridge DLC! If you find any bugs in our fridge, be sure to report them so we can ship out a Fridge Patch."

    Really though, I think the fridge is great as it is. It's probably one of the more interesting things I've personally seen in recent BBMIP threads. Call me picky, but I can't really force myself to be interested in nameless computer consoles and terminals. Of course the improved versions will make the atmosphere in the game phenomenal, but when they don't have comparison shots, or I'm not looking at them ingame, they all kinda look the same.

    I'm confused by what you mean here. Are you saying that the fridge isn't an improvement over the older one? Or are you saying that this phenomenon in the thread is interesting?

    Because I totally think that all of the models I've seen in the shots so far are going to make a Very noticeable difference in quality in the final black mesa release.

    I love all of the changes made so far, I'm not criticizing anything.
    What I mean was, so far most of the models/textures redone in BBMIP have been terminals, consoles and other unnamed machinery, and personally I found it somewhat boring to keep up with, because they all kinda look the same to me. But seeing the models and textures in that particular room was a nice break from all of the tech.
  • Actually they have all been named and the reason they were done was named. I don't do this for your approval or anyone else's. What you say contradicts itself and therefore seems a waste of a post. Thanks for posting how boring you found these 17 Blogs.

    EDIT: I'm putting these on hold for a while maybe they'll just stop,

    The post was edited 1 time, last by bkdale86 ().