[WORKAROUND] How to enable supported Closed Captions.

    Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

    • [WORKAROUND] How to enable supported Closed Captions.

      Closed Captions forBlack Mesa Work-around:

      Hey guys, in theCrossfire Update we updated all our currently supported closedcaptions. Unfortunately, we thought that Black Mesa would pick up onyour steam language preference, and would automatically change yourBlack Mesa closed captions. This has since proven that this isincorrect. Until we can get an officially support UI option forclosed captions, I have a work around for you that is 10 easy steps!

      1. Launch Black Mesa
      2. Click Options
      3. Selection theKeyboard Tab, then click “Advanced...”
      4. Check “EnableDeveloper console (~)
      5. Click “OK”then “OK” again.
      6. Click ~ to openyour developer console
      7. type cc_lang<enter your language here>
        • For example, if you wanted finnish, type cc_lang Finnish.
        • We currently support English, Italian, Spanish, German, Finnish and Norwegian Languages.
        • You will most likely get a missing resources error. THIS IS NORMAL. KEEP FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.
      8. Close Black Mesa
      9. Exit Steamcompletely. That is, completely close everything down and end the steamprocesses.
      10. Re launch steam.
      11. Launch BlackMesa. Your closed captions should now be in the language that youwant. Enjoy!


      We apologize for this inconvenience.

      GERMAN: (Thanks yrr!)

      UNTERTITEL IN BLACK MESA AKTIVIEREN - WORKAROUND
      1. Black Mesa öffnen
      2. Auf Optionen klicken
      3. Tastatur-Reiter auswählen, weiteres klicken
      4. Haken bei Entwickler Konsole aktivieren (~) setzen
      5. OK klicken, dann nochmal OK klicken
      6. ~ drücken, um Entwickler Konsole zu öffnen
      7. cc_lang<respektive Sprache> eingeben, Enter drücken
        • Beispiel: Für Finnisch, cc_lang Finnish eingeben
        • Bisher werden Englisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Deutsch, Finnisch und Norwegisch unterstütz (Achtung ! Dies sind die alten Mod-Versionen !)
      8. Black Mesa komplett schließen
      9. Steam ebenfalls komplett schließen (Taskmanager um ebenfalls Prozesse zu beenden und sicherzugehen, dass nichts mehr im Hintergrund läuft)
      10. Steam neu öffnen
      11. Black Mesa öffnen. Die Untertitel sollten nun aktiviert sein
      (Alle Schritte unter Vorbehalt und ohne Gewähr ! Dieser Post bzw. die Schritte können in Zukunft geändert und aktualisiert werden!)












      (If someone cantranslate this for me into the aforementioned languages, that wouldbe awesome!)
      The Snark King. Ruler of all Snarks.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Fr0z3n ().

    • Will do, but one thing I asked for is how to actually find the closedCaps in the BMS folders and EDIT, CHANGE them ? Y'know, that was the point of my initial question, since many others want to get their languages IN black mesa and we want to improve upon the languages... that means ultimately a new patch you have to put out, but I guess that will come regardless. Or we will just put it in the workshop, but that was not what you guys initially agreed on with us Translators...

      workaround translated in german from here (so nothing interesting)
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVV1


      UNTERTITEL IN BLACK MESA AKTIVIEREN - WORKAROUND
      1. Black Mesa öffnen
      2. Auf Optionen klicken
      3. Tastatur-Reiter auswählen, weiteres klicken
      4. Haken bei Entwickler Konsole aktivieren (~) setzen
      5. OK klicken, dann nochmal OK klicken
      6. ~ drücken, um Entwickler Konsole zu öffnen
      7. cc_lang<respektive Sprache> eingeben, Enter drücken
        • Beispiel: Für Finnisch, cc_lang Finnish eingeben
        • Bisher werden Englisch, Italienisch, Spanisch, Deutsch, Finnisch und Norwegisch unterstütz (Achtung ! Dies sind die alten Mod-Versionen !)
      8. Black Mesa komplett schließen
      9. Steam ebenfalls komplett schließen (Taskmanager um ebenfalls Prozesse zu beenden und sicherzugehen, dass nichts mehr im Hintergrund läuft)
      10. Steam neu öffnen
      11. Black Mesa öffnen. Die Untertitel sollten nun aktiviert sein

      (Alle Schritte unter Vorbehalt und ohne Gewähr ! Dieser Post bzw. die Schritte können in Zukunft geändert und aktualisiert werden!)
      "Adora quod incendisti, incende quod adorasti!"

      The post was edited 1 time, last by yrr ().

    • You'll need to download GCFscape.

      Navigate to the bms game folder under SteamApps

      Use GCFscape to open bms_misc_dir.vpk. All the Closed Captions are in the resources folder.

      If you want to create or edit them yourself, in theory you would just need to make a folder in bms/ called "resource" and put all the files there. I'm not 100% that will work, I will need to confirm.

      Sorry about that, I should've answered that right off.

      Also, thanks for the translation, the versions we've added are updated, so they aren't technically the mod version.
      The Snark King. Ruler of all Snarks.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Fr0z3n ().

    • Fr0z3n wrote:

      You'll need to download GCFscape.



      Also, thanks for the translation, the versions we've added are updated, so they aren't technically the mod version.
      thanks for the answer, but how come they are updated ? You mean just the english version ? Because we translators haven't provided you with the new or updated translations yet IIRC, so did you change them yourself or had other translators ?
      "Adora quod incendisti, incende quod adorasti!"

    • yrr wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      You'll need to download GCFscape.



      Also, thanks for the translation, the versions we've added are updated, so they aren't technically the mod version.
      thanks for the answer, but how come they are updated ? You mean just the english version ? Because we translators haven't provided you with the new or updated translations yet IIRC, so did you change them yourself or had other translators ?
      Oops. They're updated to the new format, and the german ones specifically have been combed over by one of the german team members. Beyond that, none of the actual translations have been touched.

      (This is why I should wait to wake up before I start answering posts).
      The Snark King. Ruler of all Snarks.
    • Fr0z3n wrote:

      yrr wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      You'll need to download GCFscape.



      Also, thanks for the translation, the versions we've added are updated, so they aren't technically the mod version.
      thanks for the answer, but how come they are updated ? You mean just the english version ? Because we translators haven't provided you with the new or updated translations yet IIRC, so did you change them yourself or had other translators ?
      Oops. They're updated to the new format, and the german ones specifically have been combed over by one of the german team members. Beyond that, none of the actual translations have been touched.
      (This is why I should wait to wake up before I start answering posts).
      Ah I see... we talked past each other a bit there it seems... Now first get your coffee and then back to business :P On a lighter note, I don't know who looked over the translation again from the german team but he didn't do his job thoroughly... will go through it myself in time, but there are still lots of mistakes, typos, etc. That will leave me with just one tiny annoying question: Xen lines (If there are any at all) in advance this time ? Or also post-release modification to the files ?
      "Adora quod incendisti, incende quod adorasti!"

    • yrr wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      yrr wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      You'll need to download GCFscape.



      Also, thanks for the translation, the versions we've added are updated, so they aren't technically the mod version.
      thanks for the answer, but how come they are updated ? You mean just the english version ? Because we translators haven't provided you with the new or updated translations yet IIRC, so did you change them yourself or had other translators ?
      Oops. They're updated to the new format, and the german ones specifically have been combed over by one of the german team members. Beyond that, none of the actual translations have been touched.(This is why I should wait to wake up before I start answering posts).
      Ah I see... we talked past each other a bit there it seems... Now first get your coffee and then back to business :P On a lighter note, I don't know who looked over the translation again from the german team but he didn't do his job thoroughly... will go through it myself in time, but there are still lots of mistakes, typos, etc. That will leave me with just one tiny annoying question: Xen lines (If there are any at all) in advance this time ? Or also post-release modification to the files ?
      I wonder if we got the right german one in then.

      Couldn't tell you about Xen lines, but you can extract all the Closed Captions we have now in that folder and edit them as you wish.
      The Snark King. Ruler of all Snarks.
    • Fr0z3n wrote:

      You need to close the game, and relaunch steam, as it says in the instructions, I will make that clearer. Sorry!
      Try again, but it seems don't work!

      - First of all, i can't open the developer console with "Click - to open" ( I try to click - in the main menu, but nothing)
      - To open it, i just go into Options - Keyboard - and set "\" into "Toggle developer console"

      After this, start New Game, and after game start, press \ for open console:
      write "cc_lang Italian" to set my language, but the result are:

      \resource\closecaption_Italian.txt not found
      \resource\closecaption_english.txt will be used

      After this, close the game and Steam completely, as stated in the guide.
      But after re-launch the game, nothing has changed.


      ;(
    • JakSpoon wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      You need to close the game, and relaunch steam, as it says in the instructions, I will make that clearer. Sorry!
      Try again, but it seems don't work!
      - First of all, i can't open the developer console with "Click - to open" ( I try to click - in the main menu, but nothing)
      - To open it, i just go into Options - Keyboard - and set "\" into "Toggle developer console"

      After this, start New Game, and after game start, press \ for open console:
      write "cc_lang Italian" to set my language, but the result are:

      \resource\closecaption_Italian.txt not found
      \resource\closecaption_english.txt will be used

      After this, close the game and Steam completely, as stated in the guide.
      But after re-launch the game, nothing has changed.


      ;(
      I will try and replicate this today and see if I discover anything. It's possible our italian cc files are messed up.
      The Snark King. Ruler of all Snarks.
    • I follow the guide, after Spanish missing files message, closed BM, closed Steam and restarted both... but BM continues in english :(

      I do everything passing the -console at startup, because i'm not able to open the console, even redefining the key. (Enable developer console option is on)
    • Fr0z3n wrote:

      JakSpoon wrote:

      Fr0z3n wrote:

      You need to close the game, and relaunch steam, as it says in the instructions, I will make that clearer. Sorry!
      Try again, but it seems don't work!- First of all, i can't open the developer console with "Click - to open" ( I try to click - in the main menu, but nothing)
      - To open it, i just go into Options - Keyboard - and set "\" into "Toggle developer console"

      After this, start New Game, and after game start, press \ for open console:
      write "cc_lang Italian" to set my language, but the result are:

      \resource\closecaption_Italian.txt not found
      \resource\closecaption_english.txt will be used

      After this, close the game and Steam completely, as stated in the guide.
      But after re-launch the game, nothing has changed.


      ;(
      I will try and replicate this today and see if I discover anything. It's possible our italian cc files are messed up.
      Any News about this "bug"? :D
      Ps. i see also to "Brocan" user, this method don't work....