hr_nuke (CSGO) models and textures giving bad reflections

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Logging in with you Steam ID has now been restored ♥

• hr_nuke (CSGO) models and textures giving bad reflections

So, I tried getting some hr_nuke (new de_nuke remake = hr_nuke) props and textures into Black Mesa. Why? Because they're awesome!

But, here are the issues:

I think that image sumarizes it pretty well - reflections give purple-black checkers and I can't figure out why. Checking VMTs and all seems fine. My friend imported same stuff in Portal 2 an worked right out of the box.

Now, I actually got hr_nuke's pipes to work:

As you can see - no bad reflections. I believe the only thing I did was lower $envmapsaturation and $envmaptint values. But that doesn't seem to work for anything else.

Aside from pipes, all foliage props work too.
    • CS:GO implemented a bunch of new cubemap features, and they also use a higher .mdl version number than ours. It's highly likely that most CS:GO props will not work with our engine, unless decompiled/recompiled. Even then, it's not likely. We had to do the same for Portal 2 props.
      Chon Kemp - Lead Level Designer and Community Manager
      Creator of the Black Mesa "Uncut" Mods - Surface Tension Uncut and On a Rail Uncut
      My dev blog on the development of dm_gasworks