"2009" build of Black Mesa

• Cpl.1nsane wrote:

But in true fashion as is the case both dealing with porting and the Source Engine, issues arose. These ranged from simple things breaking in maps to more complex code bugs, most notably some engine changes were made that related to the maximum number of sounds including ambient generics that could be playing within a map. This caused a lot of our maps to start going over sounds limits spamming the total_channels == MAX_CHANNELS error resulting in sounds being culled and cut out entirely with high action moments. Our programmers at the time were unable to come up with a solution to combat this due to engine restrictions so other ideas had to be thought of to fix it as best as possible.
      This finally gives us a little bit of context for the "FIX IT DENIZ!!!" Easter egg. :)

If I may be so bold to ask, given the fact that the Easter egg also references the ARG, are you in a position to confirm or deny whether it has any actual relevance to the ARG?

Display Spoiler
      For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see: thepizzaisalie.wikia.com/wiki/…nitor_.28Steam_release.29
    • @Cpt1nsane:

k3nny1550 wrote:

It's quite interesting hearing about the new sound limits causing issues. Did the team consider using positional soundscape data for the conveyor belts area instead of ambient_generic?

I don't believe it was when the sounds were originally placed. I'm not sure off the top of head how soundscapes factor into the sound limits, Its been a while since I did the sound work.

Flavrans wrote:

Cpl.1nsane wrote:

But in true fashion as is the case both dealing with porting and the Source Engine, issues arose. These ranged from simple things breaking in maps to more complex code bugs, most notably some engine changes were made that related to the maximum number of sounds including ambient generics that could be playing within a map. This caused a lot of our maps to start going over sounds limits spamming the total_channels == MAX_CHANNELS error resulting in sounds being culled and cut out entirely with high action moments. Our programmers at the time were unable to come up with a solution to combat this due to engine restrictions so other ideas had to be thought of to fix it as best as possible.
      This finally gives us a little bit of context for the "FIX IT DENIZ!!!" Easter egg. :)
      If I may be so bold to ask, given the fact that the Easter egg also references the ARG, are you in a position to confirm or deny whether it has any actual relevance to the ARG?

Display Spoiler
      For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see: thepizzaisalie.wikia.com/wiki/…nitor_.28Steam_release.29

• New

Epitaph wrote:

JohnWorfin wrote:

Wow, so much butthurt and shit talking over a simple question. It's good to know that the spirit of Raminator (R.I.P.) is still alive and well in the current iteration of this forum.

CatzEyes93 wrote:

You think this charming young man will submit to bringing and leaving his 'rage' in the rage thread?
      I'm glad you find me charming ;)
      Tell me about it mate. You ask a polite question about the possibility of devs releasing something and all fucking hell breaks loose. Why do they need to defend them? Were they hired as their lawyers? Of course the devs are crunching like mad people right now, we all know that. No need to defend them and do the most stupid thing one can do. Yes i'm talking about the stupid downvoting. What the fuck is wrong with the world? "Oh look i'm gonna show you! here's one downvote for ya!!!".

-.-
      The spirit of raminator still lives on in here. R.I.P.

pyjamasbox;361570 wrote:

You're such an internet badass.