Pinned Steam Sale, December Update, and Patch Notes

• How about to fix these someday?
      1) thick laser + shooting from the head (mp) (see screenshot);
      2) enemy becomes invisible then game crashes to desktop if I kill him (happens to me all the time on this server 31.186.250.33:27015);
      3) weapons disappearing on spawn or when picking up a shotgun (happens all the time on this server 31.186.250.106:27070);
      4) Gman and zombie barney player model's walking animation becomes twice faster after some time;
      5) Swimming animation while walking. Likely happens when player getting up from water using ladder. Then he flies around like a ghost, swimming in the air.
      Gameplay suggestion from me (just really personal opinion here):
      1) gauss is too overpowered and abused by many players because of that (egon is okay);
      2) crossbow reloading time is exactly the same with both half-full or empty clip (yet the animation is different - you can begin to shoot even if the animation not ended from reloading of empty clip);
      3) no spawnpoints in Gasworks at the bottom level of the map (like they were in original HL1) - because of that, bottom level feels extremely unused during the gameplay. Please add missing spawnpoints.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
      Images
      • 20161110225916_1.jpg

461.66 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 70 times

The post was edited 2 times, last by Aynekko: added more bugs ().

• Aynekko wrote:

How about to fix these someday?
      1) thick laser + shooting from the head (mp) (see screenshot);
      2) enemy becomes invisible then game crashes to desktop if I kill him (happens to me all the time on this server 31.186.250.33:27015);
      3) weapons disappearing on spawn or when picking up a shotgun (happens all the time on this server 31.186.250.106:27070);
      4) Gman and zombie barney player model's walking animation becomes twice faster after some time;
      5) Swimming animation while walking. Likely happens when player getting up from water using ladder. Then he flies around like a ghost, swimming in the air.
      Gameplay suggestion from me (just really personal opinion here):
      1) gauss is too overpowered and abused by many players because of that (egon is okay);
      2) crossbow reloading time is exactly the same with both half-full or empty clip (yet the animation is different - you can begin to shoot even if the animation not ended from reloading of empty clip);
      3) no spawnpoints in Gasworks at the bottom level of the map (like they were in original HL1) - because of that, bottom level feels extremely unused during the gameplay. Please add missing spawnpoints.

Thank you and keep up the good work!
      In Beta they've already improved Tau by a huge margin. It doesn't one shot armored opponents with minimal charge anymore, and hitting with it is much harder due to hitbox instead of bounding box. Rest are valid suggestions.
    • As I've said time and time again, this is looking amazing. The detail that I am seeing for the final stage of Black Mesa is going to leave me breathless and a little teary-eyed. Again I will not ask when it will be released (I'm hoping this year) but I must say that with the shot of the Gonarch alone is making me excited to play it. The amount of maps and the sizes of them are all amazing to even fathom since we had to deal with only what Valve was able to do with HL1. Now I am hoping we see a beautiful end scene with the G-Man and maybe some added stuff that wasn't in the original ending before (I'm not really asking for this but it would be interesting to see) like Eli Vance escaping with Alyx in his arms, the nuking of Black Mesa, etc. I am confident to see how you guys finish the game and I really cant wait to see the Nihilanth in all of his glory!