I’ve set up a bug tracker at this address in order to help developpers to solve bugs.
A BUG TRACKER IS NOT A FORUM.[/SIZE]
This is the main reason that I (and some other people too) think that this is NOT the right place to do bug reporting. There are, at the moment I’m writing this, almost 3000 different issues reported, and an important part of them are duplicates.
Worse, it’s almost impossible to mark these items as solved, or to assign them to some developer.
This is why I try to help BMS developers by using the appropriate tool.
You can help them too, by using this very same tool. NO ACCOUNT creation is required.[/SIZE] (you can use one of your already existing accounts)
[align=center]• • •[/align]
So, now, how does the bug tracker really works ?[/SIZE]
Well, that’s simple :
What’s like the forum :
- Log In (using any provider you want, google, yahoo, AOL, etc. See here to know why).
- Create a new issue.
- Set a name for it.
- Fill its content (description of the bug and related informations).
- Attach files related to the said bug (select them ALL in one time in your browser dialog, or you won’t be able to attach them more than one at a time).
What’s NOT like the forum :
- Set its TYPE. That means : tell if it’s a bug, an enhancement, a proposal (these two are really similar; to help you choose, I’d say : a proposal is a change that is not necessarily an enhancement), or a task. The latter is won’t be used for the moment.
- Set the priority of the bug ACCORDING TO FACTS (and not to your liking. If everyone sets bugs to critical, it will take WAY more time to solve them, since the developers will have to sort them out first). That means :
[*]Blocker if you have to uninstall/reinstall the game to solve it.
- Critical if it affects the whole game, like severe crashes that corrupt savegames, for example.
- Major if it prevents you from continue playing (not PROGRESSING, that’s a minor one if no crash happens), like a crash return-to-desktop (segmentation fault for example).
- Minor if it is annoying (even really annoying) but doesn’t crash the game.
- Trivial if it’s some cosmetic issue (like a weapon wrongly displayed or so)
Indeed these instructions are GUIDELINES and you’re allowed to choose the severity of the bug according to your judgement.[/:m]
Set the affected component. If you don’t know, let it as default.[/:m]
Set the version, which is, for now, 1.0.[/*:m][/list:o]
And in the end, validate the issue, of course.
[align=center]• • •[/align]
Let’s help them making an even better mod!
EDIT: Since mirroring all these bugs take a LOT of my time, I will NOT mirror additions made to these threads after my post saying to “continue discussion on the bug tracker”. Thank you very much.