I made a Tau Cannon!

Hey guys and gals, I’ve been slowly cooking up a Tau Cannon replica over the past year or so, and it’s finally ready to share! It’s complete with a rotating accelerator, handgrips with trigger, overcharge feature, lots of LEDs, sound effects, and a display stand with control panel! The look is based upon the version found in the one and only BM (but I took some artistic license). Check it out!

Silly demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVY4KFVYYs4

Making of video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7vuwrb2v0M

Yet another round of fully-deserved thanks to the BM devs and community for sticking with it and delivering something truly fantastic. Every time I remember that BM is an actual thing, I gain that much more faith in humanity :slight_smile: Hopefully my little project inspires you to get out there and bring more fiction into reality!

0 Likes

Well, amazing work, sir. Tau cannon has always being my favourite energy weapon of all sci-fi shooter.

0 Likes

That video felt awkward to watch, but holy crap, that cannon is amazing. Excellent work! :awesome:

0 Likes

He’s a scientist looking for funding, what do you expect? :stuck_out_tongue:

Great replica! The only thing I think is missing from the ingame cannon is the stock, and I really like how it’s ‘fully’ functional.

Not going to lie, I want one now.

0 Likes

That’s a really cool replica!

0 Likes

Impressive. :freeman:

0 Likes

Hehe, that was the point :slight_smile: It was rejected by BMRF after all.

Indeed. I decided quite early on to leave it off, as it would make the weapon a bit too big to manage and would probably make the entire thing fragile (the main body is made of acrylic sheet). Maybe I’ll add a detachable stock at some point.

0 Likes

Nice work indeed \o/

0 Likes

Very cool!!

0 Likes

Very nice work! Love it!

0 Likes

I think every dev is going to tell you that was badass.

0 Likes

I hated it.

No but seriously, that is fucking badass. Fantastic stuff!

0 Likes

Thanks guys! It means a lot coming from y’all :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Excellent video. Properly cheesy and ridiculous. :slight_smile: Great work!

0 Likes

Care to include some pictures?

0 Likes

Why are you so afraid of Youtube oh my god[/SIZE]

How many hours did you spend working on this tau, assuming you kept track?

0 Likes

Honestly, no idea. Lots. The project was spread over around a year, but it was very sporadic. A lot of it was me learning to use CAD and learning to run my mill.

I’ll get some up in a bit.

0 Likes