Last Film You Saw

John Wick 2

Very fun action flick. I enjoyed the ride a lot.

John really screwed himself over in the end though with a bit of sequel baiting :wink:

Ghost in the Shell. It was really fucking good.

Edit: And I wound up watching Akira as well.

Logan. Just perfect and emotional at the same time …recommend it to watch.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - 7/10

I enjoyed it for the most part, but I have some problems. The opening action sequence could have been trimmed a little. The main character’s had a romance where we joined in the middle and it didn’t feel earned. There was a whole sequence from the butterfly to the conduit bridge that could have been (and I think should have been) cut out. and I don’t believe Dane DeHan as a hunk. He was believable in the rest of the part, just not as a heartthrob.

Bowling for Columbine. Michael Moore does a decent job to explain the point of views of many people and does a great job at explaining why the Columbine incident occurred. 6/10.

Spider-Man Homecoming.

Really liked it. As a fan of Ultimate Marvel, it really hit that sweet spot.

The villain stuff was great for a change too.

I haven’t seen the film but I may be interested in taking a look at what the outside folk think what happened. I work 5 minutes from the school and when it happened, I knew people that had kids that went to the school. I also had a coworker was best friends with one of the killer’s mom. In short, the kids were tired of the bullying.

Lets hope they can get Venom right this time…

Saw Annihilation yesterday.
To my total surprise the film went straight to netflix - at least outside of the US. It’s a bit of a shame because a film with such amazing visuals needs to be on a big screen, imo.
I liked it a good deal. Garland managed to create this amazing and strange world that is the shimmer. And with it come some truly unnerving horror scenes, although I think the film could have used some more of that. The strange fauna in the shimmer also could have used some more variety as well. I think the expedition only encounters three diffrent animals, which I found a bit scarce within the otherwise seemingly lush environment.
The ideas within this film reminded me a lot of Stanislav Lem’s Solaris, and I’m pretty sure there must have been some inspiration from his material.

Other than that the acting is pretty good throughout. Pretty good sci-fi that dares to be diffrent. Definitely makes me wanna read the books.
Recommended!

I have heard that Annihilation had the opposite release strategy that it should have. Americans don’t care about most artistic movies so it should have been released on Netflix here and in theaters in Europe where they do care about that kind of thing.

I just don’t care for most horror movies so it could be a while before I see that one.

I’m rewatching Valerian. It’s a stupid movie with miscast leads with no chemistry, and a solid 30 minutes that should be excised, but it sure is beautiful to look at.

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Not bad, but nothing special. It’s the movie that no one asked for and doesn’t really stray outside of safe.

Avengers: Infinity War

[spoiler]Having read the actual comics on which it is based I was anxious to see whether Thanos would actually be allowed to eliminate half the life in the universe, and figured there were about 50-50 odds of that element being cut entirely.

I was not expecting that to be the end of the entire movie.

I’m pretty impressed.[/spoiler]

Deadpool 2 is just as good as the original.

Solo was okay. Better than I expected at least, that Alden guy wasn’t a bad Han to be fair to him. Pacing/editing was weird and dull at times though, which sucks cos there are some great sequences/shots in there

https://videosift.com/video/Making-The-Shining

on topic, Solo. it rocked and beat the pants off tlj.

I forget what I gave the original Escape Plan. Maybe a 6 or a 7. It was ok. It was interesting and I enjoyed Arnold’s performance. It was the first time I had ever heard him speaking Austrian/German.

Escape Plan 2: Hades is a piece of garbage. 3/10. No good acting, everyone with any talent is wasted, the fight choreography is poor, the cinematography is bad, the special effects suck (I’ve seen better in amateur YouTube videos), the editing is worthless, the story is stupid, it doesn’t even feel connected to the original movie even with the returning cast. Wow…

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/escape_plan_2_hades
yikes yikes yikes yikes yikes
metacritic does not even have it, BAD sign!

This should help get the taste out of your brain
https://videosift.com/video/Croc-Dog

youtu.be/jpsGLsaZKS0

The Professionals - 9/10

1968 western with Lee Marvin, Burt Lancaster, Woody Strode, and Jack Palance playing a Mexican. One of my favorite westerns ever. Unfortunately it is a mostly forgotten classic. More people need to go back and see this one.