Power Up Garg missing effect

Hello :slight_smile: I’ve got a problem. The thing is: in Power Up when you are going to that generator room, and you destroy Gargantua there is a blue cloud (and I used to have it) but now it is gone. I’m not sure if it has something to do with it, but in console there is something like: “Unable to create an unknown particle system gargantua_gib_fx”. Is it problem with my files; or because I installed On a Rail Uncut? Or maybe both? I know that this problem is a Nit-Pick but I like to have everything perfect, you know :3 Is there any way to fix this? Thank You in advance :smiley:

0 Likes

Chances are your particle system files disappeared or got replaced.

Here, I reuploaded the folder for you, just place it back into your BMS folder: https://mega.co.nz/#!PgIh2IpL!B8PQCwJDoOremMRBX8hhM17reSZV3CMJpRPJuDsaIzw

0 Likes

Well that almost worked… I loaded mah save and shocked that Gargantua and there was that blue cloud, then just to make sure that it works I loaded save again and this time there wasn’t that effect.

0 Likes

Check your console and tell me if the error comes back again.

Go to your BMS\particles folder, is there 101 pcf files in it?

0 Likes

OK, so, sorry for late reply. I have got all 101 pcf files. And also that error about Unable to create/Attempted to create an unknown particle system is still showing in console.

EDIT: It also says Attempted to precache an unknown particle system gargantua_gib_fx.

0 Likes

It’s most likely the particle_manifest.txt that causes the issue.

Redownload BMS content (the .rar is required), and replace everything and try again.

0 Likes

OK, I will try it, and I will tell you if that worked.

0 Likes

OK, so, I didn’t re-install Black Mesa yet but I have extracted the particle_manifest.txt from .rar archive and I have loaded my save 6 times. One out of six times didn’t have blue cloud, so I guess, it is somewhat fixed… But just in case of emergency, I will post my problems here. But now I want to Thank You, for your help, and your time that you used to help me. Thank You :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Always ready to help when I can.

0 Likes