The Rage Topic

Always check the page carefully, a lot of Amazon’s products are from other sellers that use Amazon’s brand to promote. :confused:

Steampipe. Steam. Pipe.
Steampipe.

Every modding issue. All of them. Every. Single. One. Is the result of Steampipe.

Hammer being a bitch to set up and throwing fatal and/or wireframe errors? Steampipe.
Can’t get your custom particle to show up ingame? Steampipe.
Not able to add a custom viewmodel in your loose files? Steampipe.
buildcubemaps not working in the engine? Steampipe.

Valve, why? This isn’t more efficient. This just breaks everything that was good about your engine.

And why is this still an issue 3 years down the line?

Because they are too busy working on VR instead of anything an actual game publisher would do.

Are they even working on VR anymore? The only thing I’ve heard recently is them getting in trouble over CS:GO gambling rings and the constant “Oh HL3 leaks in DOTA!!!” news when they reuse old scripts for whatever DOTA 2 does these days.

Valve basically isn’t a thing anymore aside from running Steam. And that really fucking makes me sad.

During Steam Dev Day’s a few key people from Valve told a panel that VR content is in the works and should be expected in 2017. They also had a prototype, glove like, controller in the wild showcasing better hand tracking such as being able to open and close your hands and wiggle your fingers in VR.

So I got this awesome job with an awesome company, and halfway thru my training I got sick as a dog and I’ve missed like a week and a half of work almost. Now I’m scared to go back because I don’t wanna get fired for being sick like I have been, and now I’m so far behind in my training that I feel like if I go back, I won’t ever catch up. Plus, I still feel like death warmed over.

Better be sick and stay home than to be an asshole who is sick at work and gets everyone else sick.

I’m sure they’ll understand why you missed the training, they’re adult people after all.

Yeah, I hope so. Otherwise, at least I’m old enough to do Uber.

It should be fine. Most employers are understanding if you’re super sick and don’t want to knock out the rest of the workforce.

Well I stand corrected then. That sounds awesome.

Here’s where I’m confused. Is Valve’s VR project going to be running on Vive with an added glove they will be specifically developing or are they making their own headset as well?

Hopefully. But it IS a call center, so, they’re known to turn over quickly and being as far behind as I am in training… It’s almost worth it to quit and recover, and I’m already looking for a new job just in case. On that note, I just got out of the hospital and am now going to work tomorrow to talk with my supervisor. And I have to call a hiring agent tomorrow regarding another job, which I might take since it’s full time.

I procrastinated and now I have a few days to bang out a ten-page memo on false imprisonment and shopkeeper’s privilege, while somehow juggling that with my other classes and their required readings.

And somehow I have to come up with a costume by Friday for a Halloween weekend up in Vermont.

THE FUCKING WALKING DEAD MAN. NO. NOO.

Just do what I’m doing, grab some yellow suspender rain-pants and an accompanying sou’wester, and go as a salty ol’ fisherman using your naval experience as a basis for your nautical lexicon, hatred of people, and exaggerated sea-stories.

TIC TAC TOE IS A STUPID GAME AND MINMAX IS A STUPID ALGORITHM WHY DOES THIS CODE ALWAYS JUST PLACE IT IN THE FIRST AVAILABLE SPOT THIS IS DUE TOMORROW AND I HAVE TO ALSO SOMEHOW ‘OPTIMIZE’ IT BEFORE THEN
GAAAAAAAAHHHH THIS IS NOT HOW I WANTED TO BE SPENDING TODAY OR EVEN YESTERDAY FOR THAT MATTER

EDIT: I THINK I JUST MADE A REALISTIC AI TRYING TO MAKE A FLAWLESS ONE

THE ASSIGNMENT WAS NOT TO MAKE A REALISTIC AI.

uhm…Happy birthday anyway, Jeff! Much more so, I guess…

Happy birthday Jeff!

So i’ve spent the past few months trying to contact Valve to get some kind of access to the GoldSource engine to try and upgrade it. So far, no response. So i’ve been building an engine from scratch, but it’s going to take a while.
I’m using every loophole and trick i can find, but it’s a lot of work. so far i’ve got VGUI1 partially implemented, as well as a partial shader based BSP renderer. The worst part is i know exactly how to upgrade the existing engine, but i don’t have access to its code to do anything about it. So all i can do is spend months rebuilding every part of the engine, hope Valve doesn’t shut me down, and hopefully get everything done in a realistic amount of time.

At least i’m learning a lot about how to build an entire game engine, i’ve spent a fair amount of time studying game engines in the past but that’s not enough for this.

Thanks, guys.
I’ve decided to stop stressing about it so much and just finish what I can and hopefully slide by on part marks.
Also planning to pick up Battlefield 1 today, so that’ll be nice.

Mwell, happy birthday Jeff. If I were you I’d save that code for later. Never know when one of your mistakes could come in handy.