The Rage Topic

Generally speaking, it’s because there’s a loose connection in-between the chair and the keyboard.

I might actually need to start being less cynical about this- I kinda sorta just met someone over the internet by us repeatedly calling each other names while playing video games together. So find a tsundere?

I tend to make internet friends like that…

So… Have you’ve heard about internet dating? A lot of people do it and it works.

They’re all too overweight or with kids or boring or super-ugly or catholic :frowning:

So find a site with good looking singles.

Ehhh… I don’t know about that. I’m uncomfortable with the prospect, and honestly, I think it’s a little bit of a sham.

Well. Let’s just say that I am not quite so… Specific. To say the least.

One of my friends met his wife on OkCupid. Things they do together include lifting weights and playing D&D.

IMO, being single is no better or worse than being in a relationship. I used to be in a place where I didn’t feel whole when I was single. Then I unlearned some things, and now everything is groovy.

Yeah, I mean, I get that. Cause, back in high school, I was very concerned with it. I was sick and tired of being the third wheel all the time, or watching people in relationships all over the place. It got better once I graduated and realized it wasn’t a huge deal.

But I guess, recently, I’ve started thinking about it again. I mean, I’m old enough that I should have SOMETHING serious going on. Everyone I know is getting married or is married. And I’m just kinda feeling incomplete myself. I’ve got an alright job, a place of my own, but I can’t meet people. And then, on that note, I’m worried I will. I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to anything, even if I feel like I want to commit.

Ah hell, I don’t even know what I’m feeling.

Welcome to your twenties, mate.

Cmooon! You won’t magically turn into a relationship, you gotta work for it ^^
Create an account, feel your way around, if you feel like it’s absolutely nothing for you, then just quit the account. At least you tried it then.

This is one of the first things to unlearn.

^I don’t quite understand you there geek, sorry.

Sad thing is, I’m halfway through them nearly.

I’m over halfway through and I’m still bad at this shit, so I can empathize.

If he means what I think he means, he’s saying it’s best not to try to think that you “should do” anything, which I would agree with. Things work differently for different people. You can look at others to find inspiration, but not to find a definitive answer to the question “what do I do?”.

Also, I was single until I was 24/25. Found someone, kinda hooked up, kinda hated her guts, quit seeing her, found someone else, got together, broke up, found someone else, been together for 4 years (and 22 days). 3 totally different people met through wildly varying ways. The only advice I can give you: stop looking and let it happen. Now, I always wanted to punch people that told me that, but a few years later I understand and agree. Mind you: the “let it happen” part is at least as important as the “stop looking” part: go places, meet people, have fun. Be yourself. Just don’t actively look for a partner, because people can sense it and it’s a huuuuuuge turn-off for most people.

(As a sidenote, it’s also why I personally don’t really like dating websites, because it goes against that principle. But if both parties do the same, I guess it cancels each other out. I know some people for which it worked out great. But I think you shouldn’t force yourself to try it if you have an aversion to the idea, because you might feel silly the entire time you’re meeting people through such websites.)

… and that’s all for today. See you next time, on Dating with Jake!

I have no idea who you are. But thank you, stranger.

I’m in the same boat, but I stopped caring about it a year ago. This could just be my cynicism talking, so take it for what you will. Agonizing over it just adds extra stress into your life that you don’t need. It’s not going to help you find a partner in any way, shape, or form. If you’re lonely, find something to ‘occupy yourself.’ That joke can be taken in one of several ways…

Yes, like Titanfall 2.
shameless plug

Yes, this.

I’m 27, single, never want any kids, and am not particularly interested in dating or sex. I get looked down on all the time by people who are for some reason offended that I’m not following their life script.

I’m also the happiest and most centered I have ever been in my life.

Yeah, I guess that’s fair. I don’t know, I guess it’s just kinda ingrained from my family and such, really. I know it’ll eventually work itself out, and I feel you on the whole kids thing. I don’t much want them myself either. I just kinda want to not constantly be the one who’s single out of everyone I know. It gets to me a little, makes it hard to hang out with anyone because of that.