The Unofficial Official Chat Thread

Somewhere in the depths of my computer, I bet I have an old mashup of pictures of the black mesa forum users. :wink:

0 Likes

Can I reasonably assume you have a single file dedicated to Raminator’s numerous Avatars before he left?

0 Likes

Alas… no. I didnt save those. Only the “post your picture” pictures.

1 Like

Holy shit I’m back

Most of you probably knew a MisterDigitalGuy who roamed the forums many moons ago- he’s me, but alas my account and all that’s associated with it were lost when a mysterious glitch prevented me from accessing the forums. After months of struggles with forum support to no avail, I kinda gave up, but now I’m back and I probably haven’t grown up a single bit

0 Likes

Does the thing in your avatar have two sets of ears?

0 Likes

Yup

Two times the hearing or something like that

0 Likes

I have lived in Florida for around 18 months. I still have a New Jersey automobile inspection sticker on my windshield.

0 Likes

You’re probably getting a Snowbird variance

1 Like

They don’t do vehicle inspections in Florida. I could remove the sticker and be fine. I’m just being lazy about it.

0 Likes

do we need to startup a collection https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-1-3-16-in-High-Visibility-Mini-Razor-Blade-Scraper-28-100/203743502?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|Base|D25T|25-1_HAND+TOOLS|NA|PLA|71700000034127224|58700003933021546|92700031755124814&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIja34ytes4QIVjIbACh1t0AgKEAQYBCABEgKZNvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

0 Likes

Been about two years since my last log, g’day all.

This place looks…different.

(I previously spoke a lot in the steam group chat but a certain overemotional brunette got butt-hurt over my comments so I got banned)

0 Likes

Well…this looks really different than it used to.

0 Likes

Yeah, I’m still getting used to it. There was kinda a charm about the old layout that I can’t quite nail down, but at this point I’m just rolling with it

0 Likes

1 Like

A well researched article about games as a service.

2 Likes

Just got temp banned in the Steam forums for posting the GaaS video and the conversion it started got nuked.
lol :upside_down_face:

0 Likes

I’ve seen some of the reddit discussion on Ross’s video there – I’m surprised people are this angry at something with a lot of research, historical and legal evidence and effort put into it. Why would any person considering themselves a fan of video games not also be interested in protecting something as basic as ownership rights for the things they pay for?

I mean, most of these arguments are either from people who didn’t watch the video the whole way through (and thus are adressed in the video) or are just misinformed on what exactly it’s talking about, but it’s just strange that people defend the practice at all. If getting those laws enforced were to actually happen, players would really lose nothing, I can’t see any downside except theoretical drastic measures taken by publishers to compensate, which in all possibility players wouldn’t even buy anyway.

3 Likes

1 Like

The computers look even more hostile now, I bet this is linux.

0 Likes

Not doing much at this exact moment except attending and being entertained at a Live Paul McCartney performance!

1 Like