Pretty much so.
I certainly don’t understand your current procedures. It seems that either
a) you don’t know yourselves where you want to take things with the translation
b) you Devs have internal communication problems
c) you have clearly problems communicating your plans and issues to the community
Don’t get me wrong, I’m totally okay if you look for whole new translators, whether you think the first one sucked or you want to open the field of available translators, but us (first) volunteering translators waiting so long for a update on this issue and not getting any information until recently, we just feel a little bit cheated.
I mean we all gladly want to help, even without the nice gift you’ll be giving /have given to us (on my behalf, at least, thanks again for that !), but the way you are handling things now isn’t exactly the best to build confidence and work together on equal footing.