Ultra High Resolution Black Mesa Screenshots

2560px × 1440px

0 Likes

The third screenshot makes me wonder if the BM Team has higher res versions of the characters faces’ textures that they could release in a pack.

And also how much Source needs texture streaming to keep the performance budget on check. Done right of course.

0 Likes

0 Likes

Get on my level.

It’s a shame I lost the profile for this resolution after updating my drivers.

0 Likes

I wonder if Siggs could get screencaps of BM on his huge ass triple monitor setup.

0 Likes

Do you really have like… a 40 inch monitor/TV, or did you just put the resolution to `~150%?

I know such is possible even for ArmA 2, within the game’s settings. Don’t ask me the outcome in Virtual Reality engine though.

0 Likes

sup

0 Likes

Do you know how resolution works? You don’t need a big screen to have high resolution. Most mobile devices today have higher screen resolution than the standard computer Monitor.(I hate economy)

If I would guess what size PumaB’s monitor is, I’d say 23".

0 Likes

I’m not a retard, thank you. However, I can’t recall these resolutions being available in the game by default. In fact, the only game in which I can recall higher-than-screen-suggested resolutions is ArmA. (200% resolution is a BEAST. Only wish it didn’t make my game run at 1 frame an hour, when used together with maxing everything else out)

Maybe formulation “Did you edit the config?” is better.

0 Likes

I didn’t call you a retard, so I’m somehow offended that you imply that I did.
Where in this thread have there been any words of ‘higher-than-screen-suggested resolution’? If he have a high resolution monitor, he can run Black Mesa in that resolution.
I don’t believe any game based on the source engine have a maximum screen resolution limit, which some older games have. Source probably have infinite screen resolution scaling.

However, we should get back to topic - Great pics, to bad we don’t have higher resolution textures, though.

0 Likes

Yeah, he probably has a monitor that runs at that resolution, which are actually rather common these days.

Besides, I don’t even know if you can force Source to run over your native resolution.

0 Likes

You always can force something, if you know HOW.

That’s what I was asking after all - did he force, or did he not?
About common big time monitors… well, not for my 24".

The retard part, I tend to use in place of “Sorry, I’m afraid you’re underestimating my knowledge on this topic”. Call it weird logic, I just do.

0 Likes

You are right 2880x1800 is much better :smiley:

0 Likes

What is the point of this thread exactly?

0 Likes

Ultra-high-resolution screenshots of Black Mesa, obviously.

You should know all about that, what with all your pretty car screenshots.

0 Likes

I’ve never actually tried running source in triples. Anything that involves putting extra dll files into steam games I’m nervous about :confused:

(I use softTH not eyefinity)

0 Likes

I dont get it why assassins dont have silencers on their glocks

0 Likes

Maybe because the only time you can get a good look at them is when they’re pointed right at you.

0 Likes

Also, they’re called suppressors.

0 Likes

Yes, and they don’t even suppress it very much, and so on…

We’re talking about an alien invasion shooter from 1998 here. You shouldn’t really be expecting ultra-realistic guns.

0 Likes