What Game Did You Play Today?

I’d been off the Undertale train for like two and a half years, but ever since Halloween and the surprise release of Deltarune, I’ve been back on. It’s a lot better than the first one mechanically, and there’s some really nice spritework to boot.

wish it wasn’t an alternate continuity though. I get that it’s kind of inevitable but dammit I like my sequels to be part of a SEQUENCE

Played and beat Red Dead Redemption 2 on PS4 Pro. I give it a 8/10.

So… I see a lot of people hyping this game up super high and a 10/10. Don’t get me wrong, it was definitely fun and beautifully crafted but it had some negatives I wanna point out.

First, the pros however.

Beautiful game, graphically. The environment design is gorgeous, I’d spend hours just admiring the scenery as I rode by. Interactions with people feel genuine (mostly) and I loved how you could interact with someone and meet them later and they’d remember it. Animations are phenomenal, some of the best I’ve seen. Pretty much everything has a detailed animation to it that brings the game to life. Customization of weapons, outfit, and hair is great (rocking that mutton stache the entire game). The story was good and really made Red Dead Redemption 1 mean a bit more to me. It was nice to see how the events of the 1st game came to pass.

Now the cons. Sometimes this game draaagggsss. I loved the story and characters and everything but by the time I got the the final mission, I was simply trying to finish. Only to find out the epilogues are like 6 hours long. It’s still fun, but it’s like God damn. Another con is that sometimes the interactions at camp feel… Off. It’s hard to explain but when you play, you’ll notice they feel awkward. I hate the survival aspects, especially towards the end (I won’t spoil anything) when it becomes even more annoying to maintain your cores. Cleaning weapons, while it was cool in the beginning, became a tedious chore. Especially when swamps brought their condition down FAST.

Overall, I’d recommend it. It’s very slow paced, and while people didn’t like the gun play, I did enoy it.

Edit: oh, and there’s some continuity issues regarding Arthur never being mentioned by anyone in RDR1 and New Austin, particularly since an epilogue mission brings you right there to the canyon outside armadillo. That will bother me till the end of time to be honest.

I finished up the main quest in Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. I ultimately thought it was kind of mediocre. The game ranged from too easy to frustratingly, unfairly difficult. The last game (Pirate’s Curse) was definitely better, in my opinion.

Smash Ultimate, like a lot of other people I’m sure.

Been playing dusk lately, and I’m loving every minute of it. The weapons have a nice, crisp crack to them, Hulshult’s music is amazing, the atmosphere is palpable, the level design is great, and there’s at least a half-dozen flourishes to really round the whole thing out.

I was hoping for a game that was to 90’s fps’s what shovel knight was to late-80’s platformers, and that’s pretty much what it is!

Smash and Let’s Go Pikichu :heart:

Psychonauts. With the hype train for Psychonauts 2 finally leaving the station, I figured it was about time I played the original.

X-COM 2, starting without the “war of the chosen” expansion.
Awesome turn-based action! I loved “enemy unknown” and I really like X-COM 2 even more. There’s a lot of detail into tactical decision making, be it on the battle field or on the world map, or even in your mobile base. Great game! I am planning a replay with the add-on and may check out “Long War 2”, though I doubt I will have time for that.

Now, if only the Jagged Alliance franchise would fall in such capable hands like Firaxis’… :worried:

Lots of driving stuff, GTA 5, BeamNG.Drive, and Forza Horizon 4.

I’ve got Skyrim Special Edition modded up. It’s the heaviest mod load order I’ve ever put on a Bethesda game. I’m actually really impressed with how well SSE is holding up: the game is super stable and is running super smoothly. That said, I did install a bunch of patches.

Everyone is aware of the Aliens: Colonial Marines failure, but did you know the one thing that needed the most fixing was due to a typo in the games ini files. If you own it, now might be the time for another playthrough.
And You my want to wait for version 6 of this guys mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/templargfxs-acm-overhaul
http://aliensoverhaul.mattfiler.co.uk/?changelog

I made it to Project AHO in my heavily modded Skyrim playthrough, which is the first quest/new location mod of the bunch I’ve installed.

Bags don’t come much more mixed than this.

The writing is abysmal. The first part of the mod is a bunch of tedious fetch quests for some 2-dimensional characters with middling-to-bad voice acting. For an idea, one of the quests is literally talk to a guy, he gives you a scroll, you cast it; talk to the guy, he gives you another scroll, you cast it; talk to the guy he gives you another scroll, you cast it; success! You complete the quest and get a new spell.

Once you get to the final part of the main quest line, though, the dungeon that I’m currently crawling through is really, really cool. The main hub town is a huge clusterfuck of colors, but the variety of colorful flora actually seem to work in this dungeon, for some reason.

I can’t believe how broken all the English is. Beyond that, I also can’t believe that the voice actors are faithfully reading this horribly broken English. Some of them sound like native English speakers; at some point, you’d think one of them would have told the author/s, “Hey, this line doesn’t make any fucking sense.”

Making a rewrite patch for all the quest descriptions, books, notes, etc., and maybe the subtitles, could be a fun project.

[spoiler]Speaking of bad writing: the premise of this mod is that you’re captured and sold into slavery in a Dunmeri city. Eventually, the leaders of the city offer to free you in exchange for your help saving their city… but first, they mock you for getting caught? I’m playing a pure mage this go-through, so I used alternate start to start at the College of Winterhold and do its questline first, so I’m arch-mage. The leaders of this Dunmer city were saying that they’ve looked into my past, and are wondering how the College is getting on without its arch-mage. Maybe they’ve already replaced me with another arch-mage? Maybe they should capture that arch-mage, as well?

That really puts me in the mood to save your city for you.

I’m going to bring back a couple followers later and murder this entire town of slaver assholes.[/spoiler]

Apex Legends is amazing, and free, and amazing…

Bioshock. First time playthrough.
I tried it a couple of years back but didn’t quite get into it. But I got a new laptop now and it’s a much more enjoyable exeprience.
I’m loving the atmosphere and the idea of building a city on the oceanfloor is fascinating, yet must have been an organisational hell.
Great story so far, and I’m really lokking forward to finish this one and get to the next two. They’ll keep me busy for a while.